and we made it this past weekend since we had most of the ingredients. It was so good (and healthy as far as muffins go!) I thought I might share it with you!
Muffins for Mom
By Sarah Smith
Makes 1 Dozen
Before You Begin:
Put paper baking cups in a 12- cup muffin tin.
Adult: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar (we used brown since it's all we had!)
- 1/4/ cup oat bran (substitute flax seed if you don't have it!)
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen if you cant find fresh)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup buttermilk (make your own by mixing milk with lemon juice)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
2) In another bowl, mash the banana. then add the butter milk, egg, oil, and vanilla. Stir.
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix just until blended.
4) Put the mixture in the muffin cups.
Note: We added a sprinkle of cinnamon and brown sugar to the top for visual pleasure.
5) Adult: Bake for 15 min to 18 min or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly touched.
Sat. Fat: 0.7g
Cholesterol: 20.8 mg