This recipe was inspired by something I had found on Pinterest. Here I created my own version. You can either eat two halves for a larger meal, or round out your meal with a side of protein and carbs depending on your goals and hunger level.
Servings: 6 (3 whole peppers)
3 Bell Peppers
6 eggs scrambled
1 onion diced
1 cup of diced ham
1/2 cup of shredded cheese
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp oil or butter
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1. Cut and core the peppers to prepare them for the filling. Preheat oven to 375degrees.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk and cheese and ham.
3. Over medium-low heat, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the onions are are soft.
4. Mix onions into the egg mixture and add a pinch of pepper and himalayan sea salt.
5. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until the filling is cooked (you should be able to cleanly pull out a tooth pick from the middle of a pepper cup.
A helpful hint: Do your best to use peppers that are as symmetrical as possible so when cut in half they can sit fairly flat on a baking dish.
These keep well in the fridge if you are doing meal prep and reheating. They take about 1:30 to reheat.
Feel free to play with the ingredients as you would any other quiche and swap out ingredients as deisred!
If there is any extra egg left, grease a ramekin and bake the remainder of the filling.