Here is a great recipe I found on Eating Well that I will be trying
out this week! I would love to hear your comments on how you liked it and what you did differently.
It's high in fiber, is gluten free, affordable and a one pot meal!
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 4 large eggs
- Combine potatoes, spinach, onion, ginger, curry powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potato mixture and press into a layer. Cook, without stirring, until crispy and golden brown on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Fold in chickpeas and zucchini, breaking up chunks of potato, until just combined. Press back into an even layer. Carve out 4 “wells” in the mixture. Break eggs, one at a time, into a cup and slip one into each indentation. Cover and continue cooking until the eggs are set, 4 to 5 minutes for soft-set yolks.
Per serving: 382 calories; 20 g fat ( 4 g sat ); 186 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 14 g protein; 6 g fiber
To view the original post, click here.