- Medium Bowl
- Citrus Juicer or Reamer
- Grater (Microplane works best)
- Cutting Board
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 1/3 cup Parmesan (freshly shaved works best)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Rinse asparagus spears in warm water, towel dry and then cut off the woody ends.
- Shave spears with a mandolin, a vegetable peeler, or a julienne peeler. Kudos to you if you can use a food processor to shred without pulverizing into a pulp. Place into a bowl.
- Cut lemon in half and juice into the bowl, being careful not to let the seeds fall in.
- Drizzle the salad with olive oil, either to taste or measured if you are watching your calories.
- Salt generously, grind pepper to taste.
- Add shaved Parmesan.
- Toss to coat.
You may either let the salad marinate to let the lemon juice soften up the raw asparagus or eat immediately to enjoy the slight crunch. The parmesan cheese may be omitted or substituted for something creamer such as blue cheese, feta or goat cheese.
Love this recipe? Share with your friends and comment below if you tried it and how you like it!